Sunday, April 18, 2010

Apricot Bread

This one I baked last weekend. I had been wanting to do some more baking and then got a request from R to make some apricot bread. The thing is we both had been wanting to eat this since the time we had gotten to try this on a flight. I don't even remember when that was but it's been years since... and we had never eaten anything like that afterwards. So it was perfect timing!

I googled for quite a few recipes and finally settled with this one. And it turned out so good. As usual, made quite a lot of modifications/adjustments to the recipe to my liking.

Original recipe: Apricot Bread @ allrecipes.com

Items:
1 cup snipped dried apricots
2 cups warm water
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened (I added 3 tbsp)
1 egg 5 tbsp yogurt
3/4 cup orange juice (I added 1 cup)
2 cups all-purpose flour wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts (I just added walnuts)
1/2 cup apple sauce (this is something I added)

Method:
So the first thing you do is soak the little pieces of apricots in warm water for 30 minutes.

In the meantime, in a large bowl, mix the sugar, butter and yogurt together. Once they're mixed well, add in orange juice. I added 1 cup of OJ instead of 3/4. Right at this point, I also added 1/2 cup of apple sauce for fun. :)


Apricot bread ready to be baked


In another bowl, combine wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the sugar-butter-yogurt-juices mixture and stir it well until it's all combined together.

Drain apricots to remove all water and add to the batter with walnuts. Mix well again.

Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.


Baked apricot bread


Let the pan cool down for 10-15 minutes before slicing the bread.


A slice of apricot bread

No comments:

Post a Comment