Thursday, December 5, 2013

Kale-Spinach-Grapes Smoothie

So while shopping at Costco, I walked past the vitamix counter and the lady was demonstrating how to make a particular smoothie and an ice cream using spinach. Of course, the greens stopped me in my tracks and I waited around to try out her samples. After trying both of them, I loved the idea of incorporating sweet fruits and greens together. I came home and was ready to make my own smoothie. That's when I came up with this one. If you've ever tried sugar cane juice in India or in a tropical place like Hawaii, this one will take you back to that experience.. guaranteed! It's umm-umm-umm-so-good. :D

You can change the amount of ginger per your liking. I tried using three tbsp once and it turned out little spicy so here I have cut it down significantly. 

Ingredients:

1 cup kale
1 cup spinach
1 cup red grapes
1 cup orange juice
1 tbsp ginger

Method:

Wash all the veggies and fruits thoroughly.

Put everything in the blender bowl and blend until it turns into smoothie. I used vitamix and blended everything on high for about 1.5 minutes.

Drink up the green goodness. Ah.. bliss!

This one makes about four cups of smoothie.



Ice cream: Alternatively, you can turn this into an ice cream by adding two cups of ice to the mix. If you decide to do that, please make sure your blender can cut through the ice cubes. Otherwise, they can kill it. Vitamix works fine with ice cubes. If you do add the ice cubes, the quantity will increase from 4 cups to 6 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment